Immediate Varieties Synthesis: College students read several texts a few subject and create an argument that synthesizes at least three of the sources to help their thesis. Students will likely be studying notable works of English Literature all year. (Please see the AP Literature book record connected under and select your studying from it.) There will probably be weekly studying logs accompanying these novels to document pertinent citations and poignant passages from the textual content, make clear the selected citations with essay stage commentary, and common summaries of the work to display your understanding of your growing literary repertoire. The studying log, based mostly on ~a hundred pages per week, might be due on Mondays (or the primary day of the varsity week).
7. Apply, Practice, Apply: As they are saying, observe actually does make good. An excellent option for working towards free response questions involves searching the Web for previous exam rubrics. These show you exactly what the scorers are in search of in an essay. The AP Literature part of AP Central , a web site created by the School Board to assist with learning for exams, has several apply exams to your use. Benefit from this and follow writing essays utilizing different prompts from earlier exams.
The AP English Literature and Composition take a look at is divided into two sections. Part I is multiple choice and Section II is free response. You should have 60 minutes for the a number of alternative part, and 120 minutes for the free response part.
5. INSTANCE #1 Read fastidiously the following poem by Marilyn Nelson Waniek. Then write an essay analyzing how Waniek employs literary techniques to develop the complicated meanings that the speaker attributes to The Century Quilt. You might want to contemplate such components as structure, imagery, and tone.
2. Look Deep Throughout the Textual content: It is extraordinarily necessary that you simply analyze the passages within the examination very carefully. Chances are, there will be questions on the tone of the passage, or the creator’s objective for writing it. Was it to tell or persuade the audience? Maybe the creator used some literary devices like allusions or irony. Carefully read the passages and you should have no drawback figuring out the solutions to questions which can be particular to the literature side of AP English.
Case research vs extended case research. East of eden essay questions. Technical research paper sample 5 paragraph essay know-how and the education system. Essay on proud to be an indian in hindi pellagra essay. Mehnat ka phal essay in hindi. Research paper on raspberry case examine on strain groups and actions.
Practical literature essay samples Products – A Closer Look
Since an AP course is a highschool course that leads to testing with the equivalence of a freshman degree faculty course, it will likely be taught with the identical expectations for my students. Some college students think about the free response part which of these sentences from jack london’s the human drift is an example of naturalist writing being the hardest a part of the entire English examination. And here you should explain how and why a personality from the literature piece contributes to all the theme.
Thinking About Critical Details Of essay sample
On check day, make sure to actually look carefully in any respect the passages and actually interact with them by marking the text in a approach that is smart to you. This will help on each multiple-choice questions and the free-response essays. You also needs to define your essays before you write them.
List of newly elected MCAs in Nakuru County
The following are the Nakuru County elected MCAs following the 9th August General elections. The United Democratic Alliance party (UDA) got the most number of seats at 39
The following are the Nakuru County elected MCAs following the 9th August General elections. The United Democratic Alliance party (UDA) got the most number of seats at 39. The Jubilee party managed 6 seats, while the Safina party won 1 seat. Seven of the MCAs were elected as independent candidates. Out of the 55 elected MCAs, 8 are women.
Naivasha Constituency MCAs 2022
- Maiella – Gituku Jane Wanjiru (UDA)
- 2. Naivasha East – Stanley Karanja (UDA)
- 3. Maai Mahiu – Eliud Kamau Chege (UDA)
- 4. Biashara – Elijah Mwaura (UDA)
- 5. Viwandani – Mwangi Muraya (UDA)
- 6. Lakeview – Alex Mbugua (UDA)
- 7. Hellsgate – Virginia Gichanga (Jubilee)
- 8. Ol’Karia – Peter Wanjala Palang’a (ODM)
Gilgil Constituency MCAs 2022
- 9. Gilgil – Rose Njoroge (UDA)
- 10. Malewa – Francis Mungai Kuria (UDA)
- 11. Eburru Baruk – Michael Gathanwa (UDA)
- 12. Elementaita – George Nene (Safina)
- 13. Morendat – Peter Njoroge (UDA)
Subukia Constituency MCAs 2022
- 14. Subukia – Isabella Makori (UDA)
- 15. Waseges – Elijah Murage (Independent)
- 16. Kabazi – George Talam (UDA)
Bahati Constituency MCAs 2022
- 17. Bahati – Grace Mwathi (UDA)
- 18. Kabatini – Leah Ng’ang’a (Independent)
- 19. Kiamaina – Paul Waweru Warege (Ka Wambui) (UDA)
- 20. Dundori – James Gathuita Mwangi (UDA)
- 21. Lanet Umoja -Mwangi Ngarama (UDA)
Nakuru Town East Constituency MCAs 2022
- 22. Nakuru East – Anthony Kamau (UDA)
- 23. Menengai – Wilson Mwangi (Jubilee)
- 24. Flamingo – David Kihumba Muraya (Independent)
- 25. Biashara – Fadhili Msuri (UDA)
- 26. Kivumbini – Neto Sakwa Alukutsa (Independent)
Nakuru Town West Constituency MCAs 2022
- 27. Rhoda – John Macharia (UDA)
- 28. London – Benard Gattuso (Jubilee)
- 29. Barut – Ben Kirui (UDA)
- 30. Kapkures – Robert Ruto (UDA)
- 31. Kaptembwa – Peter Kanjwang’ (ODM)
- 32. Shabaab – Macharia Wathiai (UDA)
Rongai Constituency MCAs 2022
- 33.Solai – Nixon Morogo (Independent)
- 34. Soin – Ellibas Naburuki (Degualle) (UDA)
- 35. Mosop – Dr. Alex Lang’at (UDA)
- 36. Menengai West – Isaac Kiptisya Rottok (UDA)
- 37. Visoi – Hellen Chemutai (UDA)
Njoro Constituency MCAs 2022
- 38. Njoro – Hezy Ndung’u (Independent)
- 39. Nessuit – Samuel Tonui (UDA)
- 40. Mauche – Moses Koros (UDA)
- 41. Mau Narok – Cyrus Dida (UDA)
- 42. Kihingo – Simon Kamau Karanja (Jubilee)
- 43. Lare – Phillip Wanjohi (Jubilee)
Molo Constituency MCAs 2022
- 44. Molo – Joseph Ngware (UDA)
- 45. Marioshoni – Ben Lang’at (UDA)
- 46. Elburgon – David Njuguna (Independent)
- 47. Turi – John Mwangi Macharia (Jubilee)
Kuresoi South Constituency MCAs 2022
- 48. Keringet – William Mutai (UDA)
- 49. Tinet – Paul Lang’at Alvin (Drilit) (UDA)
- 51. Kiptangich – Rose Mutai (UDA)
- 52. Amalo – Robert Lang’at (UDA)
Kuresoi North Constituency UDA MCA nominees
- 53. Sirikwa – Emmanuel Lang’at (UDA)
- 54. Kamara – Joseph Kipng’etich (Chemutwet) (UDA)
- 55. Kiptororo – Alex Bor (Kipyek) (UDA)
Nakuru to host World Bee Day celebrations
Nakuru City will this year host the Regional World Bee Day (WBD) celebrations from the 18th – to the 20th of May 2022.
The yearly event is commemorated to raise awareness about the importance of bees and other pollinators for humanity in food security, global hunger eradication, and environmental and biodiversity conservation.
Under the theme; “Bee engaged: Celebrating the contribution of bees to the environment, food security and income generation to mankind.”
The forum will share knowledge from across the world, and draw the attention of the public and decision-makers to the importance of protecting bees as well as halting the further loss of biodiversity and degradation of ecosystems following the Paris Agreement.
FAO estimates that bees contribute to the pollination of food worth between $ 235 and $ 580 billion every year and that their decline continues to strain food systems.
Intensive farming practices, excessive use of agrochemicals, habitat loss, and adverse effects of climate among other issues have been identified as key hindrances causing the depopulation of bees and loss of colonies.
With such challenges, there is a need to come up with solutions that are resistive to the increasing bee population globally.
According to FAO, Kenya ranks third in Africa after Tanzania which is the largest producer of honey and produces approximately 31,405 tonnes annually while Angola ranks second producing about 23,500 tonnes annually.
As of 2020, Kenya’s production of honey was at 17,801 tonnes, up from 13,877 tonnes the previous year, this is a change of 28.28%.
Speaking during a past apiculture stakeholders’ workshop, State Department for Livestock Production Principal Secretary, Mr Harry Kimtai, expressed concern that new pests and farm pesticides have hit colonies hard.
“We’re collaborating with devolved units to halt the alarming depletion of bee colonies. Bee colony multiplication initiatives include capacity building, beekeeping equipment distribution, and bee bulking,” revealed PS Kimtai.
Despite the potential of honey production and the benefits of apicultural activity, very little income accrues from the activity.
The government in its progress, in the Big Four Agenda on 100% food and nutrition security, is committed to enhancing honey production from 25,000 tonnes to 38,000 tonnes by the year 2022.
Beekeeping offers an alternative source of livelihood and protects biodiversity and should ideally be established away from human interaction with enough bee forage and all-year-round availability of water to provide favourable conditions for beekeeping.
Nakuru County Executive Committee Member for Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, Dr Immaculate Maina, says that, ‘’bees have become increasingly endangered with one million species facing extinction. Thus, beekeeping should be embraced as an alternative environmentally friendly income-earning enterprise.”
‘’We hope that by hosting this event, we will be able to proactively assist in the opening up of our county by giving marketing opportunities and investment prospects in the apiculture industry,” Dr Maina noted.
“We also anticipate important topics discussed during the three-day forum, such as the role of women in the sector as those most affected by climate change, solutions to save our bee species from extinction, and how we can continue to rely on pollinators to save us from the current climate crisis,” she concluded.
Acting CEO of the Apiculture Platform of Kenya (APK), Mr Frederick Otieno Odera, says that beekeeping has significant potential in Africa to improve rural incomes and diversify livelihoods.
“We hope the commemoration of the National World Bee Day will showcase new technologies and sustainable measures from across the world in the apiculture industry and provide sustainable solutions to save our bees in the current climate crisis,” said Otieno.
Governor Kinyanjui drops deputy, picks Kamuren as running mate
Nakuru Governor Lee Kinyanjui has dropped his Deputy of five years and named a woman running mate ahead of the August 2022 polls.
Kinyanjui, who is gunning for a second and final term in office, dropped Dr Eric Kipkoech in favour of Ms Franciscar Jelagat Kamuren.
He explained that Kamuren, 47, is an accomplished grassroots mobilizer with a strong passion for community development and was picked after wide consultation.
“Äfter long consultations with diverse stakeholders, I have decided to appoint Ms Franciscar Jelagat Kamuren as running mate for my second term bid,” Kinyanjui said.
The nominee holds a Masters’s degree in linguistics from Egerton University and has served in various capacities.
The governor is seeking to defend his seat via the ruling Jubilee party ticket under the Azimio la Umoja One Kenya Coalition.
He is however facing stiff competition from the United Democratic Alliance (UDA) candidate Susan Kihika, who is the current Senator for Nakuru and his appointment is seen as a tactic to woo the women vote.
His announcement comes hours after Kihika unveiled her running mate in a press conference from Nakuru.
Kihika picked David Kones as the man to deputize her after an interview that attracted half a dozen candidates.
The senator, who is a staunch supporter of Deputy President William Ruto was handed a direct ticket.
Nakuru is among the largest counties in Kenya and was recently conferred city status by President Uhuru Kenyatta, making it the fourth city in Kenya after Nairobi, Mombasa, and Kisumu.